Everything has been moving forward with both our home's sale and our new home. We were able to edge out the previous accepted offer, and we're moving in six weeks! I can hardly believe it. Of course, little doubts have inevitably crept into my mind, but I'm pretty happy with the situation. I think I'm just a perfectionist at heart...
Tyler has started solids, but isn't too happy about it. We moved pretty quickly from rice cereal to peas because he just could. not. stand. rice. cereal. It's still a battle to get much down him, but he must be eating something, because his poop has...changed. I'll leave it at that.
What I've been thinking about most recently is the green-eyed monster. You would have thought that envy would have gone away now that I have everything I ever wanted. Oh no. Now all the voices in my head keep on saying things like, "She's so lucky--she lives in a neighborhood where everybody has young kids. My new neighborhood isn't like that!" Or--"I wish my baby was an angel child like hers is." Or--"She has way more friends than I do. It's not fair!"
Oh, how I wish I could just be satisfied with myself the way I am. Alas, I think I am destined for a life of comparing myself to other people. I'm messed up. :)
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Someone once said to me that having a baby is the cure for childlessness; there is no cure for infertility. Your comments made me think of that.
Rice cereal is disgusting. Sweet Potatoes are much better.
Post a Comment