I got my period today.
On a practical note, I was completely unprepared for my period. I guess it should have occurred to me that I should be stocking up on tampons, just in case, but it didn't. I begged Mark to stop by Target on his way home from work (we still have Target gift cards from when Tyler was born; I just didn't think I'd be using them on tampons!).
On an emotional note, I'm thrilled. Now I can begin my science experiment. Let me take you back a year: Just two months after my pregnancy ended, I became miraculously pregnant a second time with Tyler. I chalked it up to pregnancy straightening out my hormones. The big question: Is my PCOS "cured?" Now, I will actually be able to see if my ovulation last January was a fluke, or a taste of things to come. This will give me a better idea of whether we will need to return to treatment when we decide to try for a second child.
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Ann. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 due to irregular periods and I was on the pill for years. When I went off the pill when I was 28, my periods were perfectly regular (it still took me 1.5 years to get pregnant, though). My RE said PCOS doesn't technically go away, but I don't seem to have any symptoms anymore. Weird. Let's see what happens to you!
Times like that I am glad for my Diva Cup!
Post a Comment