A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Good news

The CT scan this morning went more smoothly than I could ever have hoped. And, within 2 hours of returning home, Tyler's pedi called us. There is no hydrocephalus; just a larger than average (but still within accepted range) amount of fluid in his head. We'll need to have a follow-up CT scan sometime in the near future. Tyler just has a really big head (97th percentile, but then again, he's 95th percentile for height).

The big surprise was that he has fluid in his left ear. An ear infection! So that's why he's been fussier than normal over the past couple of weeks. And I thought he was teething...

7 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Halleluja!

Annalien said...

So glad everything is allright! My son also have an unusually large head, I think it was above the chart at some stage, but our ped just said that that large heads run in certain families.

Momma, PhD said...

What a relief!

The Gilles Family said...

Yay!!!

Wabi said...

Yay! So relieved for you guys.

Deborah said...

Good news! I have been busy and kept forgetting to check, but still thinking about you!

That's not an abnormally large head at all if the rest of him is so big, is it?

GibsonTwins said...

Glad he is okay!!

One of my twins (Ryan) has a big head. In fact, at the twins' 15 month well visit, the ped measured both babies' heads, had a nurse double check Ryan's, and then the ped went out of the room, came back with a larger measuring tape and measured my husband's head circumference. The response? "Yeah, Dad, you have a big head too". And it has slowed down in growth, he's also 90 plus percentile for height. I still think he has a big head but it's not even measurably so at this point.