I had yet another blood test to find out if the lowest possible dose of levothyroxin levels out my TSH. It doesn't--still too low. So now the plan is to go off the medication completely, wait yet another 5 weeks, then retest.
Honestly. By the time of my retest, it will have been 5 months since my first blood test. And I'm back to where I started. Part of me is furious at Dr. Hot for putting me on the medication in the first place, when it turns out I apparently didn't need it. Yet another part of me knows he's just doing his job; part of his job is make sure hormone levels are appropriate.
The other hard part to swallow, however, is that for the past 4 months, I have comforted myself by thinking, "What if I had gotten pregnant? That would have been disastrous!" when in actuality I don't have a hormone problem at all. In fact, we've actually CREATED a hormone problem by putting my on these drugs. So what was the point? Why in the world have I been delayed for so long?
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just wanted to let you know I am thinking and praying for you. Thanks for the update...sending ((HUGS)) to you, my friend.
Ugh!
Post a Comment