A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Something new: Waiting

And so I find myself waiting for a period. Impatiently.

Although my TSH still isn't quite right, my wonderful new endocrinologist feels that we're getting closer. She put me on a new dose of meds last week and gave me the go-ahead to take Femara this cycle, provided I get a TSH level on CD11 to ensure that it has continued to go down.

I took my last Provera pill on Monday, and now I wait. I had forgotten this frustration--trying to plan Mark's business trips around when we think I might possibly get my period. I've already waited 6 months, and now I simply can't fathom the thought that it could be another week before I get my period (in the past, I've gotten it anywhere from 2-12 days after my last Provera pill). One happy thought: The last two times I've had this frustrating Provera wait were right before the cycles in which we conceived Zach and Tyler.

Mark does have a business trip completely riding on when I get this period. It's actually better for him the longer I have to wait, but honestly, I don't think I can stand much more of this! And then there's always the possibility that my TSH won't have fallen enough. Such a narrow window that the doctors want my TSH to be in...

2 comments:

Deborah said...

You're lucky he has some flexibility in his business trips! And good news that you get to start trying again, finally. Good luck!

Stacemoe said...

Praying!!!! Thanks for the update and thankful your husband's business trip is somewhat flexible.