After nearly 5 years of being in the infertility blogosphere, I am about to make my first foray into ART.
Today is CD1, and I have just completed my 3rd letrozole cycle. Which came after 6 months of waiting for my thyroid to cooperate, which came after 4 months of trying the old-fashioned way. Today, Dr. Hot just gave me the go-ahead to do IUI with letrozole this cycle.
I'm half freaked out and half really, really excited.
I'm not sure why I'm excited. IUI doesn't have spectacularly high success rates. But even if I don't get pregnant this way, it brings me that much closer to IVF. And that truly does freak me out for a variety of reasons:
1. It's an incredible amount of money (my insurance doesn't cover a penny).
2. It's an incredible amount of shots.
3. I'm pretty sure I won't sleep a wink for the entire month.
So here we go. Wheee.
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wishing you luck!
When we first started IUI's before I got pregnant last time, there was this huge sense of excitement that finally we were moving onto something that might work. We'd go out to breakfast across the street from the clinic after we dropped off K's "sample", and it actually felt romantic. So I can see how it's kind of exciting, in a weird way. I hope it works!
SOOO Excited for ya'll!!!! Praying for you from Dallas. Hope you have a great Holiday.
Post a Comment