A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Yay!

I am woefully late with this post. My only excuse is that I have spent most of the past week either lying down, wishing I were lying down, or reading The Hunger Games.

My u/s on Thursday was successful--he found a heartbeat. My due date is Sept. 29. I'm relieved, but I know this is just one step in the process. I am very aware that I could have a baby that's growing perfectly fine, and a belly that's slowly rounding--yet I could find out that my baby is missing vital organs. (It has been known to happen--women have had more than one baby with bilateral renal agenesis.)

Don't think that I'm all doom and gloom; I'm not. I'm thrilled that everything is going along swimmingly, and if it weren't for the extreme exhaustion, the sudden moodiness (I went off on my friend a couple of days ago) and the depressing winter weather, I'd be walking on air. We've also started telling a few family members and close friends, which is a bit of a load off my back.

For now, I'm just looking forward to showing a bit more so I can start wearing maternity clothes again. The good news is, because my due date is just three days before Tyler's due date, I'll be using the same seasons of maternity clothes.

2 comments:

Bella said...

Yay indeed. A long-time lurker just wanting to say Yay and I'm thinking many, many kind thoughts and sending them your way.

Stacemoe said...

Thanks for the update!!!! So excited for you. Keeping you in my prayers!