So many little things have happened in the past week, I don’t feel like I can write a cohesive post. So, here you are—a rundown of what’s going on with me right now.
Shower
The part that sticks out most in my mind is when I came to the gift of one of my closest friends, K. The gift was three different-sized stacked boxes, all wrapped beautifully. I commented, “Oh, this is so pretty—I can never do the whole ribbon-wrapping-the-stacked-boxes thing.” K said, “I knew you would get a kick out of it; that’s why I wrapped it that way.” I was so touched that I have a friend who knows me that well. This is the same friend who drove two hours to our house to take us out to dinner the day she found out about Zach—two days before I was admitted to the hospital.
There were so many good things about the shower that I’m at a loss for words. I’m extremely grateful to my mom and SIL for throwing it.
You guys
Boy, and I thought nobody was reading. I am overwhelmed by how helpful you guys were when I asked for book advice. Incidentally, I ended up buying the “What to Expect…” book at H.alf Pr.ice Books over the weekend. If I make it through that one in any sort of timely manner, I’ll check out the Girlfriend’s Guide.
This is exactly what’s so wonderful about blogs—support when you need it, and good, sound advice when you need it, too. Thanks, you guys!
My BP
120/80 Yes, you read it right—my BP at my last OB appointment was perfect! That serves to quell a lot of my fears about swelling, rapid weight gain, etc. My OB wasn’t overly concerned about the pain in my left calf, and she said things seem to be going along just fine. Woo-hoo!
My hubby
He ambitiously decided to put together the crib the other night. After he had assembled it in the living room (it wasn’t very hard, he said—but then again, he’s an engineer), I looked at it, then at the door to the nursery. “Um, how are you going to fit this through the door?” I asked. He sheepishly admitted that he would have to take apart half of it and reassemble it in the nursery because he had forgotten to check the measurements. Silly M!
My weight
I'm 29 pounds at 29 weeks. Wow. So much for my goal of only gaining 30 pounds. I'll be lucky if I stop at 50. Surprisingly, the farther along I get, the less this bothers me. I'm just going to have one hell of a time losing the weight afterwards.
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You are doing great and you will lose the weight!!! don't stress out about it! Glad you had a wonderful shower....that was cool about the gift from your friend. You are so blessed. Glad things are going along smoothly...Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
I gained 60 pounds- about 20 was fluid. I think I gained another 20 in the hospital from all the fluid. I ended up joining weight watchers at 4 weeks PP.
My husband and FIL got so excited about buying the baby furniture they put it together as soon as they got it home- and the couldn't fit it in the door and had to take it apart. Men.
Glad everything seems to be going well.
Just caught up on reading your blog! I am so happy everything is going splendidly and you have so many people who support you, both IRL and here!
:) I try not to think about just how much weight I've gained. It's nearly half my body weight from before pregnancy.
Very scary!
J
I'm glad the shower was so special!
I was hoping to gain only 25 pounds during my pregnancy. My cravings thought otherwise. It will all come off, don't worry.
Keep up the good work :)
Don't even worry about the weight, you will be so busy taking care of a newborn that it will come off. Make sure you have a good stroller and that makes walks all the more fun.
So glad you had a nice shower!
I am glad that all is going well. It sounds like you had a great time at the shower.
Happy to hear the shower was wonderful!
Your weight gain doesn't seem that outrageous! It's good for the baby ;)
(I just commented on your book post before reading this and finding that you already invested in baby lit!)
Post a Comment