A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Going invite-only--soon

I recently discovered that my company blocks users from clearing their Internet histories. I guess it's sort of the Big Brother thing--if we get accused of viewing naughty pictures online, they want to be able to track it.

That does not bode well for me, however. I can just picture it: My maternity replacement comes into the office, gets bored one day and starts absentmindedly viewing the pages (and many blogs) I have viewed while in the office. Suddenly, she stumbles upon a particularly interesting blog called The Unlucky 20 Percent...and decides to share it with all her new friends in my office.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

So, the only solution is to take a step I had planned on taking anyway: As of about mid-September, I will be going invite-only. It saddens me that I have to restrict my readership, but I simply have to protect my anonymity.

Of course, this isn't sad news for all of you lovely people. All you have to do is send me your e-mail address and I'll add you to the "safe list." (We'll see if I run into any technological disasters along the way.) E-mail me at b ear nest at wi dot rr dot com, and we can rock 'n roll!

I'm only 34 weeks, so I'm not expecting to leave the office just yet. But I need your e-mails in the next three weeks so I can go invite-only early--just in case.

29 comments:

Jen said...

I definitely want on the invite list! jcyahne@yahoo.com

Stacemoe said...

I would love to be on the invite list too!!! Stacemoe@hotmail.com
Thanks!!!!!!

ggop said...

Good idea to safeguard your privacy. I just sent you a mail to avoid spammers picking up from comments section.

ultimatejourney said...

Wow, I'm glad you figured that out now!

I'd love to continue to read.

ultimatejourney at gmail dot com.

Caro said...

I'd like to join the invite list too.

ms. c said...

Wow! 34 weeks! Where has the time gone!
I will email you to get on the list. Thanks for the warning.

nancy said...

I want in!

nleisher AT yahoo DOT com

(can you please remove that after you get it?)

Delenn said...

Put me on invite, please.

revenent@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Kim D. said...

me too!

kdrlng AT yahoo DOT com

Geohde said...

May I? My email should be accessible via my profile. I think. If I don't hear, I'll email you properly- wouldn't want a spammer to snaffle it if I leave it lying around. I don't know what to do with all the viagra offers I already have.... :)

J

Nurse Lochia said...

I also would like to continue to read. My e-mail should also be accessible through my profile.

GibsonTwins said...

I would like on the list as well. Long time reader, not regular commenter.

My email is briannegibson@hotmail.com

TeamWinks said...

armsforanangel@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Ivonne said...

yes please add me to your list: ivonne.fortune@gmail.com

Dorian said...

Please include me on your list. I enjoy reading about your story.

AllieQB said...

Yes, please! allieqbtb@gmail.com

sharah said...

Me, please!
sharahblog AT gmail DOT com

Mrs. Piggy said...

Dont leave me behind
kjbrusky at gmail dot com

Liese said...

I would also like to be on your list.
ruby37@optonline.net

Tanya said...

I would love to be on the list too...thanks! ifgrrl@yahoo.com.

Also, on another note, you had asked about books to read, right? I am reading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and I highly recommend you check it out ... the earlier the better! My son is 12 weeks and I wish I had understood his sleep patterns sooner.

loribeth said...

You have e-mail! (At least, I hope you do!)

Mommy Someday said...

I would love an invite!

mommysomeday@charte.net

Ashleigh said...

i'd love to keep following along too.......

ashleigh_1010 AT yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Long time lurker needing an invite! se-ri-ous_sam@hotmail.com
(my blog www.theclam.wordpress.com)

Kami said...

I know I haven't been visiting much lately, but I hate the idea of not catching up here and there. If you have room left, please add me to the list.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the milestones! Can I please be on the invite list? sophieemmadavis@gmail.com
Sophie

elizabeth said...

add me too! emmadison at mindspring dot com

Alex said...

Hi,

I've been reading along for a while and would love to continue. My laptops been "dead" for a couple weeks now and I am just now catching up and saw that you're going invite only. I've only commented a couple times but that was months ago and I don't know if I had my account yet!! my e-mail is 3littlebeans@gmail.com

Luke said...

may i get on the invite list too? i've been working on going private (with wordpress) because i'm a little worried too about our identities getting out. You're getting close! best of luck to you.

my email is barefoot_lmt at mac dot com