One of the reasons last Christmas was so painful for me was because I had to listen to my SIL talk about all the plans she and BIL were making for their 2-year-old’s new room, now that they were expecting a baby to take over the nursery. She had no idea the discussion would be hard for me (I was even asked my opinion on paint colors), but it was. I had been hoping to be busy redecorating in January and February.
Well, now I finally get my chance—and I am relishing it. I love having all sorts of things on my (and M’s) list and trying to figure out the best times for accomplishing each task. This is my current to-do list:
1. Sell futon
2. Paint lower half of nursery (upper half’s color will not be changing)
3. Put wallpaper border along chair rail (it has already been purchased)
4. Research, buy and install new carpeting in nursery
5. Remove baby wallpaper border in M’s office that has been sitting, untouched, since he bought the house five years ago
6. Repaint M’s office, from pale purple (that matched the border) to plain white
7. Buy comfy glider for nursery
8. Paint my old bookcase a color that will match the nursery
9. Assemble crib
10. Return to B.a.bies r. us to register for items previously left off, like changing pad, crib sheets, safety gate, etc.
11. Finish scrapbooking our England trip (yes, the one from two months ago—I’m so on top of things!)
12. Put together small scrapbook of pictures of Zach (I finally feel emotionally ready for this, and I want to finish it before the second baby arrives)
13. Install curtains (which have been purchased off the registry but not yet given to us) in the nursery
14. Myriad other things I can’t even think of right now
Granted, most of this list involves M more than me. But hey, I’m supervising, right? I just love seeing everything come together after waiting so long.
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds busy! I hope you are in a nesting phase, or at least your hubby is. Decorating the nursery has been one of my favorite parts, and I love just leaving the door open so that I can look in and think of what will be coming soon.
After all the waiting, you're right- it IS exciting!
Have fun supervising, and can't wait to see pictures.
Are you going to post pictures of the nursery when finished? I am glad all the plans are coming together and it sounds like you have a good plan with your list. (did you know you can add the stuff to your registry at bru online?) Hopefully all things come together nicely.
I'm so glad you're able to enjoy this special time! Good luck getting everything done.
Post a Comment