I swear I’m going crazy.
For the past four or five days I think I’ve been feeling fetal movement. Except—I’m only 10 weeks along! How is that even possible?
During my last pregnancy I got a little paranoid about fetal movement. I found all these Web sites that said, “By week 16, you should be feeling movement,” and I panicked because I hadn’t felt it yet. I started noticing movement around week 18 or so, however, so I breathed a sigh of relief. (Little did I know—ha ha.)
People say you feel movement earlier in subsequent pregnancies because you know what to look for. I think that’s a lot of bullshit—I was very attuned to my body around the beginning of the second trimester last time and if there had been anything, I would have noticed it. I think the real reason women feel movement earlier in subsequent pregnancies is because our bodies are different and our uterus has expanded more quickly.
But I never expected to feel something quite this early. It makes me wonder if I’m imagining it. I would describe the sensation as feeling like someone’s moving a hand through a lot of liquid (which he/she probably is). It feels like my upper stomach is growling, only it’s not. Those are the exact same descriptions I would have given last time, only this time it’s more subtle.
I must admit I feel weird that my body is treating this gestation as a second pregnancy (fetal movement, earlier “popping out,” etc.). Whenever you Google “second pregnancy,” you find all these chat rooms in which women who already have a child at home are talking about their symptoms. My child from my first pregnancy isn’t in my arms; he’s in heaven. I feel like I sort of got cheated out of a “first pregnancy.”
Well, hopefully other people won’t treat me like a newbie, either, once they find out.
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well maybe you are feeling movement a bit early this time. Maybe it is for reassurance. I'm glad all is going well.
Have you had any sonograms yet? Do you know if there are more than one?
My sister felt movement at 12 weeks w/her second and third pregnancies...so its possible. I am w/Stace though...any ultrasounds too confirm number?
I felt movement at 13 weeks with this pregnancy. So, I think its possible.
It definitely could be movement. Again, are you sure it is just one?
My mother had many babies and swears she felt movement very earlier with all but her first.
Post a Comment