A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Venting

I am beyond frustrated. This was supposed to be the easy part—take 5 days of Provera, get a period a few days later, then start the tough process of growing those follicles.

Instead, I am sitting here, 7 days after my last Provera pill, and no period. Oh, I got spotting earlier this week, but I haven’t had it the last several days. Of course, my two main thoughts are: What if the spotting was the closest thing I’m going to get to a period this time around? and What if I don’t even have enough estrogen in me to build up even a mediocre lining? Dr. Hot’s nurse said to give it 14 days, then to come in for an ultrasound. If I have barely any lining in my uterus, then they’ll just start me on the Femara. But I fear that will get this cycle off to a bad start. I prefer a clean break with a period.

I’ve taken Provera maybe 5 times before, and AF has always come within 4 or 5 days. I took Prometrium several months ago, and it took about 10 days for AF to come—but I didn’t have the on-again, off-again spotting. What gives? (And no, I’m not pregnant; in fact, my temp this morning was consistent with my pre-ovulation temps.)

I would appreciate some feedback. Have any of you ever taken Provera, gotten some spotting, and then several days of nothing before finally getting your period? On top of all this crap, my severe allergies have kicked in, so I’m exhausted, and I’ve been seeing a chiropractor for severe upper back problems for the past week and a half. Grr.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm. I will be of no help in the Provera dept... i haven't had to take it. BUT wanted to chime in with my support. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be now that you are ready to get started.

Sending you hugs.

Samantha said...

I've always done Provera for 10 days and gotten my period around day 10 or up to 2 days afterward. I do know that sometimes my period has been VERY light. Maybe your spotting was your period because you haven't built up much lining.

ultimatejourney said...

I've never taken Provera, but I wanted to send lots of AF vibes your way so you can get on with things.

JF said...

I've had that happen, but only with the current generic the pharmacy gives me. With the different generic from my old pharmacy, it always came about 2 days after the last pill. Now, when I finish the pack, I've had either spotting around 3 days after and then a few days later a period, or a period at 4-5 days after the last pill.

Good luck! It's hardest to wait when you're waiting to get thing going, I think.

MrsSpock said...

I've never needed Provera, but here's to hoping for the dark side of the moon soon!

JF said...

Just one more thought -- maybe 5 days wasn't enough? They used to have me take 10 when I did Clomid and Femara, and for Gonal-F and Follistim it's been the whole bloody pack (well, except for the placebos, but we'll ignore those for dramatic effect).

Hope the witch shows soon.

Geohde said...

I know the probe sucks, but maybe an ultrasound would clear up what, if any, lining is there. The spotting may very well have been it.

Good luck.

Beth Blair said...

**nods** I've had the spotting then the heavy period a couple days (I wanna say a week later.