A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us

Friday, May 9, 2008

Good news

I got exactly what I wanted this morning—a very routine, quick ultrasound. To quote the peri: “I’m trying really hard to make this baby look bad, and I just can’t.”

I called my mom and finally told her it’s a boy. Because I was in the office and close to my other co-workers, I was very matter-of-fact in telling her that the news was good. I think she was disappointed that I didn’t sound more excited. I tried to explain to her that I’m better than excited—I’m content. To reference my last post—it was a very 0-type ultrasound. Which sounds bad, but it’s actually very good. I’ve been so sick of the roller coaster. Breathless, nervous anticipation, followed by either the highest of the highs or a crashing low. Instead, I’m even-keeled—and ready to start actually making some preliminary preparations. I’m aware that bad things can still happen, but I’m at least calmer for now.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Oh, I am thrilled for you! Thanks for sharing the beautiful good news.

loribeth said...

Wow, great news!! I totally understand why you didn't want to give too much away on the phone within earshot of your coworkers. Dh will sometimes call me & say, "You don't sound very excited." Maybe I am, but i just don't want to share it with 10 other people at the moment. Even-keeled is good! :)

Newt said...

Oh, fantastic news! Hooray for zero. I know exactly what you mean!

Anonymous said...

Yay, that is very good news! I'm glad you are happy and content! Congrats!

May said...

Hooray hooray hooray! Bring on the flat section of roller coaster track!

George said...

Great news! I'm so happy for you!!!

Galen said...

Great, wonderful news!

Kathy V said...

Well Ann I am glad for you that it was a zero kind of ultrasound. Glad the little guy is doing well.

AllieQB said...

Thank God. Wonderful news. :)

BigP's Heather said...

I'm so glad it was good news!!!

ms. c said...

Ann, I am thrilled for you and M that the day was a "0". It's just such good news.

Stacemoe said...

Condgradulations!!!! SO glad things went smoothly...continuing to pray for you and DH and the rest of the pregnancy and this sweet baby boy!!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Bon said...

Ann, that 0-type u/s is fabulous news. hope you keep being content straight through the second half of the pregnancy. :)

Geohde said...

Fantastic news,

J

G$ said...

Yay for a 0 day!! :)

Sue said...

SO glad it was good news for you. So, so glad.

Jamie said...

Congrats on your 0-type ultrasound! Yeah!!!

Angie said...

That is absolutely wonderful news. I am so happy for you and your family.