A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us

Monday, May 19, 2008

Preparations

I am now reaching that point in my pregnancy at which I have little else to talk about, really, except for baby preparations. While fear is always present, it’s no longer foremost in my thoughts.

If you are at a bad place right now, it’s probably best for you to take a break from reading my blog because it’s just going to cause more pain.

That said…

I have been reading the B.aby Bargains book, and boy, is it a wake-up call! I had no idea, for example, that the expensive quilts often sold in bedding packages are not at all necessary. Or that you don’t really need to register for dozens of onesies. M and I already spent an evening registering at T.arget for the easy stuff, and we plan on dragging a friend who’s “been there, done that” to B.ab.ies R U.S. in a couple of weeks to help us register for the rest of the stuff. There are so many choices to make!

One thing I don’t plan on doing, however, is hunting through rummage/garage sales—even though ‘tis the season. One of my friends is absolutely thrilled about all the hand-me-down baby clothes she got from a couple of neighbors who were cleaning out their homes. I, however, don’t think I’ll be needing anything until the baby is about a year or older. We are blessed to have many friends, family friends, neighbors, relatives, etc. who just love giving baby gifts. And between the showers and post-birth gifts, I think we’ll have more than we need for clothes, equipment and toys. (Actually, I’m kind of disappointed that my friend has all the clothes she needs, because what am I going to get her for a baby gift when her daughter is born?)

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Isn't that book great?!? Of course, I'm still going to get the quilt, just for show. But it did have plenty of other good ideas.

Glad the fear is slowly sneaking off to the side

Stacemoe said...

I CAN NOT tell you how happy and excited I am for you!!!! I know ya'll are getting excited too! Thanks for the update and I am still praying for ya'll!!!!

Anonymous said...

GC for diapers! That is something your friend will ALWAYS need. Or if you are crafty make her a diaper cake. Use larger sized diapers...something people don't think of when shopping for the baby to be...they don't say little for long!

elizabeth said...

Swaddle wraps... they are the best things on earth and in the beginning they pee through so many of them!

Praying for you!

Deborah said...

Maybe you could get a gift certificate for a class? Like gymboree or mommy & me yoga. Or just something for your friend to relax or do for herself. Also, anything for older kids is good.