Tomorrow is my due date. My doctor happens to be on call tomorrow. Boy, it sure would be a nice day to go into labor.
At my most recent OB appointment, I was still only 1.5 cm dilated, but now 70 percent effaced. My lactation consultant friend seems to think my first sign of labor will be my water breaking because my cervix is so soft but not dilated very much. It would be nice if that happened before the end of this week.
In the meantime, I have decided that Friday will be my last day at work. If I haven’t gone into labor by Monday, I will just take vacation time. In the meantime, the next three days are going to be excruciatingly boring. I planned so well, I literally have nothing to do! I’ve been living the past two weeks as though each day was my last, so I’ve been trying to complete projects, make phone calls, etc. No good deed goes unpunished, eh? And now my replacement is sitting with nothing to do, either. Oh well—there are certainly worse things in life than sitting in front of a computer surfing the Internet.
If I haven’t gone into labor by Oct. 11 (nine days after my due date), my doctor will induce me. However, I hope it doesn’t get to that point. On October 26, my close friend is having a baby shower two hours away. I really, really want to go, but if it’s just two weeks after I give birth—especially if it’s a difficult delivery—it will be kind of hard. Then, on Nov. 2, my niece is getting baptized—also two hours away. I’d like to have this baby soon so I can have some recovery time before life gets going again!
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That baby is just so cozy in there! I hope you go into labor tonight, and have that baby by tomorrow morning, (so that your doc can deliver)! Best of luck to you no matter when it happens. 70% and at 1.5...can they strip your membranes? That worked for me last time
I will send you quick and easy labor vibes...Come on little baby, come out and say hello to the world!
I can't believe it's so close. I wish you an easy delivery, Ann. (I know what you mean about the timing- I was 1.5 weeks late and missed a very good friend's wedding because it was only a week after the baby was born. I thought it would be 3 so that we would be able to make it....)
All I can say is the greatest of good luck and the smoothest of deliveries and you will have the most powerful experience of your life meeting your precious little one.....it's visceral, and wonderful.
much love,
J
Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you...wishing you an easy labor (and soon!!)
Post a Comment