I had my NST and fluid check today. The good news is that the baby appears to be completely healthy. The disappointing news is that I'm not any more dilated than I was two weeks ago. My OB has officially scheduled an induction for Saturday morning. I am to be admitted to the hospital on Friday night so they can start softening my cervix. Of course, she warned me that induction doesn't always work, so it's not a guarantee I'll have the baby this weekend.
I'm pretty darned sure I won't be going into labor before the induction. I have to admit that a small part of me is saying, "Great--just another natural thing that most women can do that my body just hasn't gotten the hang of."
Since Friday was my last day at work, I've spent most of the last few days lying around. It's weird--most people would welcome the chance to get more things done around the house. But I don't have anything left to do! Sure, I could always clean, but that's pretty physically exhausting for me at this point. Everything else, like starting the baby book, ordering copies of maternity photos, doing more laundry, etc., is all stuff I swore I wouldn't do until after I had a live baby in my arms. So I continue in limbo.
In the meantime, a few select friends and family members keep on calling to check "how things are." I wonder if it's just because they're secretly afraid we won't tell them when something DOES happen. As in, "Oh, sorry Mom, we had the baby two weeks ago. Didn't we tell you? Oops."
I really am doing fine; at least I'm catching up on my "Buffy" watching! And I'm thankful that all involved are healthy. Apparently, our baby is just way too comfortable in my ute!
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
time for sex honey!!!
Sex and more sex, and that cervix will open. Yeah, I know it's not too comfortable right now, but it will work.
And so will induction. Honestly.
I ended up watching a lot of TV and movies the last few weeks. As far as sex- I would rather have gouged out my own eyes than let the Mister touch me at that point...
My Peri & OBGYN were always waiting for the "other shoe to drop" during my somewhat difficult pregnancy. Although our bi-weekly NST and biophysical profiles were all excellent they induced me at 37 wks 6 days. My body wasn't exactly ready to deliver two weeks early but I checked into the hospital for a rippening overnight and was induced with pitocin the next am. That afternoon the OB broke my waters and after pushing for a bit my daughter was born at 5:04pm. The whole induction process worked like a charm for us at only 38 wks. I see many benefits to induction, one of which was knowing which doctor from my OBGYN practice would be with us for the delivery. I wish the same happy experience for you!
I was basically induced when my water broke before I was "really" in labor. I was disappointed, but once my beautiful little girl popped out it ceased to matter.
I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
Ann,
My close friend who had no troubles conceiving was overdue like you too. Don't blame your body :-)
All the best for Saturday. And I laughed so much when I heard your reaction to friends' phone calls.
I feel for you. I am at 35 weeks and a few odd days and people like my mil and sil are already starting to get on my nerves with the phone calls asking for updates. I figure if I go to 40 w 4 days, I might as well disconnect all the phones and move out because if we don't answer phones they might pop over. Yeah you are right, like we could forget to tell them when something does happen.
Anyway I hope all goes well with the induction this weekend. I can't wait to hear the details.
I know what you mean about our bodies not exactly doing what they are suppose to when they are suppose to. It's frustrating. Congratulations, though, that the big day is finally approaching. It's like, "oh, there is a light at the end of this tunnel". I wish you the best with the induction and look forward to reading about the birth.
Just pop in the "Once More with Feeling" episode and dance around with Zander and Anya. That should kick start labour ;)
I went 2 days over with my 2nd child, and she arrived the day we took posession of our new home. So make big plans and baby will pop out when you should be doing something else :)
Good Luck!!
Nothing like hunkering down with Buffy. :-)
I think first babies are frequently on the later side. Good luck waiting through these last few days - maybe it'll happen!
Post a Comment