Hi all,
I'm filling in for Ann today, as she is a bit laid up. Ann promises to give the full scoop in a few days in her much more interesting style, so bear with my fumbling...
As scheduled, we packed up for the hospital on Friday to check in for cervidel (sp?) to soften the cervix prior to being induced Saturday morning. However, she actually started early labor contractions Friday afternoon. They progressed, along with the cervidel, to active labor early Saturday morning. We added pitocin in the morning and started pushing around 2:30 Saturday afternoon. Two and a half hours into pushing, Ann and the OB agreed labor was stalled and we went for a cesarian section.
Our prayers were answered at 6:19 pm when our son, Tyler, was born. The big guy is 22-1/2 inches tall and 9 lb, 4 oz. He has a full head of hair, complete with long eyelashes and full eyebrows.
Ann is healing and is, of course, sore and tired. She is pushing herself to get back to health as quickly as possible. While she is looking forward to getting home,
it's nice to have all these wonderful people waiting an us.
As long as I've got creative control for the moment, I want to thank all of you for your support and the community you forged here in the blogosphere. It has been wonderful to share in each others' challenges and triumphs. This world truly benefits from close knit groups like this. That's all from M for now.
-Cheers!
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
32 comments:
Congratulations Ann and M. I am so happy for you that your little guy is here. Tyler is a wonderful name. Ann I hope you feel better soon after the c-sect. Hugs and Congrats to you on the arrival of your baby!
Congrats of the birth of Tyler! Rest up- a c/s is no fun- I've had one too!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. Enjoy this time.
Welcome, Tyler, to the blogosphere!
Congratulations!!
wonderful news, congrats to you both! xxx
Welcome to the world Tyler!!!
Great name! Congrats Ann and M! I've been looking forward to celebrating this happy day with you.
Congratulations on the birth of Tyler!!!
May you and your family all be blessed by God with all that you wish for.
Hope you have a speedy recovery and enjoy this precious time with Tyler (love the name)
What wonderful news and what a blessing, tears streaming down my face for your family. I couldn't get home fast enough to check your blog today. You will be up and running in no time so enjoy the moments to just relax and take care of yourself and that precious son of yours!
Congrats to you all. This is the news we all hoped for so long to hear. You deserve this! Sorry about the long pushing, but in the end you got the best happily ever after possible. I wish you all the best, and will hold you in my prayers. May your hearts grow fuller, and your arms be forever full of hugs! Heres to a speedy recovery and a long life of snotty noses, and smiling faces! You are a wonderful mommy, and this will only add to your wonderfulness, (is that a word)? Congrats again! And welcome to the world baby Tyler!
Congratulations on the birth of your son Ann and M! I wish Ann a speedy recovery.
Huge congratulations on the arrival of your son! I am sorry that it was such an exhausting labour, but very thankful that Tyler is here safe and sound. May God bless and keep your family.
Welcome to the world baby Tyler! Many congratulations to you, Ann and M!! Such wonderful news, I'm crying like crazy!
Enough exclamation points! Rest up and come share the rest of the journey with us.
Congratulations on the arrival of Tyler!! Hope you can heal up nice and quickly Ann.
Congratulations and speedy recovery!
Congratulations and welcome Tyler!
i am just overjoyed for you all! welcome tyler!
Congrats to the whole family! Thanks for posting this update!
Welcome to the world baby Tyler!
I hope Ann bounces back from the c-section faster than expected. I'm sure that you will take good care of her M.
Best wishes to all!
Congratulations!!
Big Congratulations on your son :) Welcome baby Tyler!!
I hope Ann recovers quickly from her c-section.
Congratulations!!
Tyler, Welcome to the world. We were all at the edge of our seats waiting for you to make your way into the world. You've got one heck of a set of parents, you are already so blessed. You also had one heck of an older brother, Zachary, who had a very short life here on earth, but he is the one who paved the way for you. You are one lucky boy - you are already loved more than your mom and dad could have ever imagined.
Congratulations!! So happy to hear he made it here safe and sound!!
Congratulations sweetie! I'm very very glad for you.
My advice about the c-sections? Take the pain killers, and don't lift. ANYTHING. Rest rest rest and you will recover faster than if you try to do it all.
Take care, and kiss that baby.
Congratulations my friend! May you bask in the warmth of Tyler's love! Zach is smiling down on you guys!
I am so glad you are all doing well. Don't push yourself too much!
Thanks for sharing and putting a smile on my face today!
HOORAY!!! I'm so excited!!
And what a TALL boy! Basketball player, anyone?
Yay! Congratulations to all 3 of you!
Congratulations! A wonderful name.
Congrats on the birth - I'm so happy for you both with your new family!
Wonderful news. Congratulations! I'm so glad your baby boy arrived safe and healthy.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! FANTASTIC NEWS :)
For some reason (I guess since you went PP), my Google Reader doesn't update from your blog anymore & I've forgotten to check manually (red face icon here). Thank goodness for Mel's Lost & Found! Congratulations on Tyler's arrival!!
Post a Comment