Samantha tagged me about a year ago to list Six Non-Important Things/Quirks About Yourself. So I have dutifully compiled the following list:
1. I have to have complete silence when I sleeping. As in, if M is breathing too hard, it disturbs me. If there is a rhythmic tapping outside our window, it disturbs me. I am absolutely exhausted today; I wish I could sleep better.
2. I have a double-jointed wrist, so I can twist my hand around 360 degrees. Makes for a fun party trick
3. I’m a grammar Nazi. Misspellings of the possessive form of “it,” misuse of apostrophes—you name it, it drives me crazy.
4. I’m incredibly nosy. If I know how to get at some kind of secret information, I will hunt it down until I’m blue in the face. I have no self-restraint.
5. Grilled cheese and tomato soup is one of my favorite lunches.
6. I HATE working out, but I do it because I live in fear of having to buy all new clothes (although my first pregnancy didn’t leave me with much choice in that matter).
I know the rules are that I’m supposed to tag other people, but frankly, I’m too lazy for that. So consider yourself tagged!
In other news, I apologize for not visiting many of your blogs lately. Work has actually started getting very, very busy, and I just don’t have the time for blogging like I used to. Life is so cruel!
I have been amazed at how different this pregnancy is already from my last one. Yes, I have the beginnings of nausea and I’m tired all the freaking time, but I’m also starting to feel (and look) pregnant much, much sooner than last time. At 6 weeks, when I look in the mirror, I can already see the outlines of my uterus. Yes, I’m already starting to lose my waistline. That didn’t happen until about 12 or 13 weeks last time. I’ve also started feeling a tightness in my stomach—a familiar feeling, but again, not this early. This is either because a) this is my second pregnancy and things happen sooner the second time around, or b) I’m carrying twins. I guess we’ll find out on Thursday. I do feel good, though, because if I’m noticing changes in my body (and boob soreness) every day, I have to assume that my hcg is continuing to rise. And that bodes well for a heartbeat, right?
A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
mmmm...grilled cheese! Oh and affect /effect and principal/principle are some of the grammar errors that really bug me.
Grilled cheese is a favorite of me as well. Although my spelling and grammar would probably be the receiving end of some of your attacks!
Ha! I'm eating grilled cheese now- for breakfast!
I met my husband on match.c0m, and I instantly weeded out anyone whose grammar mistook the words your and you're. 5th grade English, people.
A growing uterus definitely sounds like a positive sign. When my mother became pregnant with me so soon after my sister, she said she started showing at 7-8 weeks.
I'm totally with you on the sleep thing. I need it QUIET. My dh has grown into a very noisy sleeper which has made me more than a little crazy and irritable when the ear plugs don't sufficiently block out the noise. And if I need a grammar arbiter I'm keeping your email handy!
Grilled cheese and tomato sound yummy! And I am a grammar stickler, too. It's a useful skill in a blogger, I think.
Post a Comment