A tale of PCOS, infertility, love, life and trying to adapt to the curveballs life throws at us

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bumped

I stood in our kitchen, hot tears filling my eyes as I listened to the phone message M had already told me about. I’ve gotten much, much worse news before (Nov. 2 comes to mind as probably my “worst news day” ever), but between my raging hormones, the almost constant blizzards here in Wisconsin, work stress for both M and me and difficulties sleeping, this news hit me particularly hard.

My 7-week ultrasound for tomorrow has been cancelled.

It seems that Dr. Hot is on vacation and the other RE at the clinic has been testifying in court this week and doesn’t expect to be back. They’re having a hard enough time fitting in all the women who HAVE to be seen—by someone—because of their cycle dates, so there’s just no way they’d be able to do a pregnancy ultrasound. No matter how much I whined and cried.

Because of the aforementioned stress, I had sort of been looking forward to the ultrasound as the Holy Grail of this week—the one potentially good thing in a week filled with crap. It’s been rescheduled for Monday morning.

I have enough perspective to know that, long-term, my ultrasound being pushed back four days will not matter. But for now, I reserve the right to be disappointed and frustrated.

22 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, I'm sorry. You have waited so patiently up to this point!

Kathy V said...

I am sorry. Like you said in the long term, it may not matter, but in the short term it makes a big difference. I hope it is not too disappointing for you to wait a few more days. So sorry that it can never be easy.

Kathy V said...

I am sorry. Like you said in the long term, it may not matter, but in the short term it makes a big difference. I hope it is not too disappointing for you to wait a few more days. So sorry that it can never be easy.

Dr. Grumbles said...

That is just awful. I am sorry.

Jen said...

That completely sucks. I know exactly how 4 weeks can seem like an eternity at this stage of things. Hang in there and try to have an enjoyable weekend to make the wait go by faster.

Ivonne said...

I'm very sorry. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...hang in there. Hoping the time passes quickly till Monday!!!!

Familyofthree said...

I am sorry that they postponed your appointment. That really stinks. Any other time 4 days would fly, but I am sure for you that they will drag. Good luck!

May said...

Oh, man! How frustrating! I'm very sorry and hope the days go by quickly for you.

Anonymous said...

It is disappointing and frustrating.

I hope the time flies for you and that Monday is here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I'm sorry, I know you were looking forward to it...

Ashleigh said...

ugh- i'm so sorry. that just sucks. i'm sure it will be a long four days. i hope you find something to keep your mind busy until you can get some reassurance.

BigP's Heather said...

Oh, Sweetie. I'm so sorry. I would be VERY upset too. You have waited so long for this miracle already, four more days seems like an eternity. I hope the time goes quickly...well, as quickly as it can in these situations.

Kami said...

I understand how these little disappointments can be huge disappointments when all the wrong things come together at once.

I hope the sun comes out and you have a great u/s in just 3 days.

Cyster Sister said...

I am so sorry you were pushed back. I have had appointments moved on me as well and although it is only 4 days, it does feel like 4 weeks. I'm thinking good thoughts for you for Monday.

Anonymous said...

after you u/s would you be comfortable with me moving you to my Infertile Graduate section of my blog? I don't want to do it until it's o.k. with you.

stacyb said...

first just wanted to say i hear you: very frustrating to have the ultrasound bumped. i'm sorry that you have to wait.

second: i found your site through a comment you wrote on Kami's site which really struck a cord with me. so wanted to say thank you for your words.

MrsSpock said...

That sucks! I hope Monday comes fast and shows a fabulous heartbeat!

Fat Girl said...

I completely understand why you are disappointed, frustrated, and upset! 4 days feels like an eternity when you're waiting for that 1st u/s! I hope you have fun things to do so the weekend can fly by! If not, maybe you can plan something.

Let us know how Monday goes!

Melissa said...

Now that would just piss me off!

And, I've been meaning to say "congratulations" for quite awhile now! I still think about you all the time. ;)

Geohde said...

Oh crap, hon.

I am so sorry. The waiting is agonising enough without the time extension.

xx

J

Kathy V said...

Today is monday. Ultrasound Day. I hope everything goes well at the appoinment.